Sunday, 8 December 2013

Meeting cancellation and results from the Shibori dyeing session

Please note that the 15 December meeting has been cancelled, as not enough people are available. The next meeting will be on Sunday 19 January. See the 'meeting dates' page above for all dates for 2014.

Here are two of my fabric pieces from last month's Shibori dyeing session. I'd be happy to post more pictures if any members would like to send me one or two.

This one was pleated lengthwise and wrapped around a tube, then squashed down towards one end and bound with string. I painted on green dye first, then black dye the following day. I'm very pleased with the feather like patterns (and it is greener than it looks in the photo).


This one is a piece of superliner from Empress Mills (cotton fabric with a backing of polyester wadding). I pleated it and secured the pleats with rubber bands. Orange dye was followed a few hours later with petrol green. I like this one so much, I now think it is 'too good' to use as a bag lining!


I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's dyed fabric at the meeting in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment